Panko Poached Eggs
Make This Recipe
2 cups frying oil
5 Eggland's Best large eggs
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tsp garlic salt
- Poach 4 eggs in lightly vinegared water for three minutes to achieve a runny yolk, longer if you prefer a firmer yolk. Immediately after cooking, plunge the poached eggs into an ice bath. Once chilled, remove to a paper towel and dry thoroughly.
- In a large heavy bottom pot or dutch oven heat oil over high heat till it reaches 350F.
- Place panko and garlic salt in a bowl and stir to combine, put the 1 beaten egg in another bowl. Carefully dip each poached egg into the beaten egg, then into the panko to thoroughly coat. Set coated eggs aside while oil heats.
- Fry the poached eggs for 1 minute until the panko is golden brown but not dark, and season with garlic salt.
- Add crispy poached egg on top of your favorite salad and serve!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More