Skip to Main Content
American Heart Association Joins Forces with Eggland’s Best to Inspire Healthy at Home Cooking Read More
Made in 20 minutes, these open-faced sandwiches are great for when you're short on time!
Make This Recipe
- 1 cup peas (if frozen, thaw first)
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices of toasted bread
- 4 large, Eggland’s Best Eggs
- In a food processor, combine basil, peas, garlic, salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil. Process until smooth and blended.
- Toast bread in the oven (350 degrees F) or toaster for about 3-4 minutes.
- In a small non-stick saute pan, over medium heat, break Eggland’s Best egg onto a surface, carefully.
- Fry until transparent membrane turns to white, and the yolk is cooked.
- Remove and repeat for each egg.
- Spread about one tablespoon of pesto atop each piece of toast.
- Gently lay each egg atop the pesto.
- Sprinkle with extra salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil (optional).
Information per Serving