Pea Pesto Open-Faced Sandwiches
Made in 20 minutes, these open-faced sandwiches are great for when you're short on time!
Make This Recipe
- 1 cup peas (if frozen, thaw first)
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices of toasted bread
- 4 large, Eggland’s Best Eggs
- In a food processor, combine basil, peas, garlic, salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil. Process until smooth and blended.
- Toast bread in the oven (350 degrees F) or toaster for about 3-4 minutes.
- In a small non-stick saute pan, over medium heat, break Eggland’s Best egg onto a surface, carefully.
- Fry until transparent membrane turns to white, and the yolk is cooked.
- Remove and repeat for each egg.
- Spread about one tablespoon of pesto atop each piece of toast.
- Gently lay each egg atop the pesto.
- Sprinkle with extra salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil (optional).
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|