Pumpkin Bread Rolls
Ever seen a cuter baked good for the fall? We haven't either! These pumpkin shaped bread rolls are just the right amount of sweet, and totally festive!
Make This Recipe
- 2 Eggland's Best eggs, large, divided
- 1 c. whole milk, scalded & cooled to lukewarm
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp. instant yeast
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 c. pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- Kitchen String
- Pecan pieces, sliced
- Using an electric mixer, fitted with a dough hook attachment, stir in milk, pumpkin, sugar, yeast, butter, 1 Eggland's Best egg, and salt until well combined/mixed.
- Gradually begin to add the flour. Knead on medium-low speed until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl, cleanly. Stop the mixer, and let the dough sit for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn on the electric mixer again, and being to knead the dough on medium-low speed for another 5 minutes, or until the dough is soft and smooth. The general rule of thumb is to add more flour if the dough feels too sticky! Do this in 1 tablespoon increments at a time.
- Grease a large bowl, and transfer your dough mixture to it. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and wait about 45 minutes to 1 hour. The dough should about double in size.
- While the dough is rising, cut your kitchen string into 4 dozen 8 to 10-inch strands. Place strings in a small bowl, and coat with oil to prevent sticking.
- Remove dough from the bowl, and separate into 12 wedges, roll wedges into balls.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Now, take 4 strands of your greased string, and crisscross the strings over a center point to form a star formation. Take 1 dough ball, and place it in the center of the crisscrossed string. Firmly tie each piece of string into a knot over the center of the roll. Snip off all extra string.
- Repeat with remaining dough balls.
- Cover dough balls again, and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Crack open your remaining Eggland's Best eggs, and add 2 tsp. of water. Beat the mixture and brush all over the top of the rolls.
- Bake the rolls for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Gently remove the string from each roll (peel down), and carefully cut a small hole in the top of each roll. Place a sliced pecan piece into the indentation of each roll.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More