Scrambled Egg Roll Stir Fry with Spicy Lime Aioli
A classic appetizer reimagined into a delicious dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes? Check. Nutritious and delicious? Check. Family favorite? Winner, winner Eggland’s Best is for dinner! When I see the red “EB” stamp, I know that's the mark of superior nutrition and exceptional quality--it's the only egg I trust for my family! Crisp-tender veggies mingle with Thai seasoned pork and protein packed scrambled eggs that's the perfect family meal. So, grab a fork - or chopsticks - and dig in!
Make This Recipe
1 pound ground pork
1 tablespoon Thai seasoning spice blend
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided use
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided use
1 16-ounce package coleslaw mix (shredded mixture of green cabbage, red cabbage, and carrots), roughly chopped
2/3 cup diced yellow onion
2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1/3 cup water
4 Eggland’s Best eggs, large
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 scallions, both green and white parts, thinly sliced, divided use
1 lime, divided use
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon hot chili sauce
1/4 cup coarsely chopped dry-roasted cashews
Season the Pork:
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground pork, Thai seasoning, soy sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper until combined.
Cook the Stir Fry:
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the pork mixture and cook, stirring to break up the pork, 5-6 minutes. Add the coleslaw mix, onion, garlic, vinegar, and water to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes or until the pork is cooked through, coleslaw mixture is crisp-tender, and the water cooks off.
Cook the Eggland’s Best Eggs:
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack the Eggland’s Best eggs into a small bowl. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, and half of the sliced scallions; whisk to combine and add to the hot pan. Cook, gently stirring, until the Eggland’s Best eggs are cooked through but still moist and no visible liquid egg remains about 3-4 minutes. Cover to keep warm until ready to plate dish.
Make the Aioli:
- In a small bowl add the juice and zest from half of the lime. Add the mayonnaise and chili sauce and stir to combine. Quarter the remaining lime half and set aside for garnish.
Plate the Dish:
- Divide the stir fry mixture among 4 shallow bowls and top each with equal portions of the scrambled Eggland’s Best eggs. Drizzle each serving with aioli and garnish with the cashews, remaining scallions, and a lime slice.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More