Spicy Chickpeas and Brussels Salad
The most flavorful Spicy Chickpeas and brussel sprout salad. By using some of your favorite everyday ingredients you can quickly create a super healthy and delicious meal.
Make This Recipe
1 can chickpeas
¼ tsp chili powder
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp red pepper flakes
¼ tsp sea salt
1 tbsp olive oil
2½ cups fresh brussels sprouts shaved
2 cup baby spinach
½ cup parmesan cheese
¼ cup pine nuts
¼ cup golden raisins
1 granny smith apples
2 tbsp White wine vinegar
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp old-style mustard
- Preheat the oven to 430°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open and drain the can of chickpeas by using a strainer. You can also use a kitchen towel and pat them dry.
- Transfer the dried chickpeas and spread it to the baking sheet and toss them with a drizzle of olive oil and generous pinches of salt, paprika, chili powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Slice the brussels sprouts and granny smith apples using a vegetable slicer.
- In a large bowl, toss together chickpeas, brussels sprouts, baby spinach, apples, golden raisins, parmesan cheese, and pine nuts.
- To a small jar add and combine olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard and old-style mustard. Close the jar and shake until emulsified, adding salt and pepper is optional.
- Cut the hard-cooked peeled eggs into 2 or 4 and add to the salad.
- Dress salad with dressing just before serving.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More