Spicy Chocolate Churro Molten Mini Cakes
My family and friends love them. They are easy to make, fast, make a Wow presentation and are decadent and delicious. Enjoy!
Make This Recipe
2 tablespoons granulated sugar (for dusting custard cups)
2 teaspoons good-quality ground cinnamon (for dusting custard cups)
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (for dusting custard cups)
2 tablespoons softened butter or butter-flavored cooking spray to coat custard cups
2/3 cup good quality semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
½ cup butter
2 Eggland’s Best eggs, large
2 Eggland’s Best eggs, large, yolks
1/3 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¼ teaspoons good quality ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons powdered sugar for dusting
OPTIONAL GARNISHES Fresh Raspberries and Fresh small mint leaves
OPTIONAL SERVING SUGGESTION: Sweetened Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream for serving with cakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- With softened butter or butter flavored cooking spray grease four 4-ounce custard cups. Dust the inside of each custard cup heavily with the cinnamon-sugar-cocoa mixture. Tap out excess.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, put the chocolate chips and ½ cup butter. Heat for one minute and stir until smooth. (The chips will continue to melt while stirring.) If not melted completely, heat again at 15 seconds intervals until chips are melted. Stir mixture to blend until smooth. Cool.
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, put the 2 Eggland’s Best eggs and the 2 Eggland’s Best egg yolks and granulated sugar and beat until light and fluffy about 2 minutes. Add the chocolate mixture, flour, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Beat until well blended.
- Divide batter evenly among the four prepared custard cups. Bake in preheated oven until edges are firm but center is still soft and barely giggly about 10-13 minutes. Be careful not to overbake.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 to 10 minutes. If needed, gently run a knife around edge to loosen if necessary and invert each onto a dessert plate.
- Put the powdered sugar in a small strainer and shake to dust tops of cakes lightly with the powdered sugar.
- If desired Garnish each with a few raspberries and a small mint leaf.
- Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream on the side of the cake if desired.
- Makes four incredibly delicious Spicy Chocolate Churro Molten Mini Cakes.
Recipe Notes: I have found over the years that glass custard cups seem to release the cakes easier than ceramic ramekins so that’s what I use when making these lava cakes which is often.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More