Springtime Veggie & Egg Strata
This strata is full of flavor and colors for tasty addition to any brunch table!
Make This Recipe
- 3.5 Whole Wheat English Muffins, toasted (crusty bread works well too)
- 5 large, Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cup milk (I used half & half)
- 2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1 handful fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup sliced button mushrooms
- 6 oz. smoked chicken sausage, kielbasa, your choice, diced (optional)
- Coat a 13x9" pan with cooking spray. Line bottom of the pan with 6 English muffin halves, cut the last one into smaller pieces and use to fill in any gaps.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, mustard, basil, and salt. Then whisk in milk.
- Ladle mixture over muffins, cover and chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the mixture in the pan with black pepper.
- Top with half of the shredded cheese and spread veggies over the top.
- Finish with the remaining half of cheese and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove to cool. Eat while still warm!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Saturated Fat||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|