Summer Daisy Cake
This is the perfect light, and creamy dessert to make and enjoy!
Make This Recipe
For the Cake:
1 cup salted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
2 teaspoons baking powder
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons half and half
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 cups plus 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar. sifted, divided
5 tablespoons concord grape jelly. melted and cooled
1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, beat butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Gradually beat in Eggland’s Best eggs until blended. Stir in lemon peel. Blend flour and baking powder. Add gradually to sugar mixture, beating well after each addition. Pour into pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Cut cooled cake into 3 layers.
- To make frosting, in mixer bowl beat cream cheese, half and half and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in enough confectioner's sugar to make a good spreading consistency.
- To finish cake, place bottom layer, cut side down, on a cake plate. Brush with Grape jelly; spread about 1/4 of frosting over layer. Add middle layer; brush with jelly and spread with 1/4 of frosting. Add top layer, cut- side down and spread remaining frosting over side and top of cake.
- Lightly press nuts into frosting on side of cake. Cut out several paper daisies designs and arrange pieces on top of cake. Sprinkle the combination of cocoa powder and confectioner's sugar mixture over top of cake then carefully remove paper flowers. Refrigerate until serving.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More