Zucchini-Crusted Cheeseburger Quiche
Cheeseburgers and quiche are two American family favorites! By combining these two classic family meals into one and using zucchini as a healthy twist for the crust, I have created an easy recipe that is also gluten-free & keto-friendly - and incredibly delicious! The amazing taste of Eggland’s Best eggs shine through in this flavorful quiche. Much higher in Omega-3’s and Vitamin E than regular eggs, Eggland’s Best eggs are the healthiest choice in eggs; the only eggs I buy for my family.
Make This Recipe
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces 85% lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, divided use
- 8 large Eggland’s Best eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 9-inch deep-dish glass pie plate with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Pat zucchini strips dry with paper towels. Arrange in a single layer to cover the bottom and sides of the pie plate; arrange another single layer crosswise over the bottom layer. Spray zucchini strips with non-stick spray. Bake on the middle oven rack for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, stirring frequently for 1-2 minutes before adding ground beef. Stir in garlic, mustard, and salt. Use a spatula to break up the beef into small crumbles until cooked through, about 6-7 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 375° F.
- Spoon ground beef mixture over zucchini strips. Evenly sprinkle half of the cheese over ground beef, followed by tomatoes. Pour beaten Eggland’s Best eggs over top. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over Eggland’s Best eggs. Bake on middle over rack for 25 minutes, or until Eggland’s Best eggs are set and edges begin to lightly brown. Cool 5 minutes before slicing into 6 equal-sized portions.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More