Meringues are essentially a light and crunchy marshmallow that are super easy to make!
Make This Recipe
- ¾ cup Eggland's Best 100% Egg Whites
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Black food coloring gel (for decorating)
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, whip the egg whites on high speed until they become frothy, about a minute or so.
- With the mixer on medium-high, gradually add in the sugar, then add in the cream of tartar.
- Increase the mixer to high and whip until stiff peaks form, about 3-4 minutes more.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Carefully add the meringue to a prepared piping bag.
- Continually press the meringue mixture directly down onto the lined baking sheet.
- Press down and lift up to create layered stacks for each ghost (release the pressure just a tiny bit, pulling up on your frosting bag at the same time in between each layer).
- Bake them for about 45 minutes or until the tops become a little brown.
- Allow meringues to cool completely before decorating. With a toothpick, dip one end into the black gel food coloring and creating eyes and a mouth with long, flat-side of the pick.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More